A 2-stage modified Delphi consensus process was conducted as part of Aim 1 of this project, which includes creation of a minimum set of outcomes and associated measurement instruments for use in all clinical research studies that are planning to evaluate acute respiratory failure/acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARF/ARDS) survivors after hospital discharge.
Generic templates and resources to aid researchers interested in implementing a modified Delphi consensus process.
- Turnbull AE, Sepulveda KA, Dinglas VD, Bingham CO, Needham, DM. Core domains for clinical research in acute respiratory failure survivors: an international modified Delphi consensus study. Critical Care Medicine 2017; 45(6):1001-1010. PubMed
- Needham DM, Sepulveda KA, Dinglas VD, Chessare CM, Friedman LA, Bingham III CO, Turnbull AE. Core outcome measures for clinical research in acute respiratory failure survivors: an international modified Delphi consensus study. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2017;196:1122-1130. PubMed
Core Outcome Set – Methodology
- COMET (Core Outcome Measures in Effectiveness Trials) Initiative
- Standardising outcomes for clinical trials and systematic reviews
- COMET DelphiManager Online Software
- Students for Best Evidence – Delphi Consensus Technique
- The COMET Handbook: version 1.0 | Video (Guidelines for developing and implementing a core outcome set)
- Core Outcome Set-STAndards for Development: The COS-STAD recommendations (Guidance on the minimum standards for developing a COS)
- Choosing Important Health Outcomes for Comparative Effectiveness Research
- Developing core outcome sets for clinical trials: issues to consider.
- A RCT on the impact of question order on prioritization of outcomes in the development of a core outcome set
- Methodological analysis of patient involvement the development of Core Outcome Set
Reporting and Dissemination
- Core Outcome Set-STAndards for Reporting: The COS-STAR Statement (Guidance on the minimum standards for reporting a COS)
- Ideas to optimize dissemination of core outcome sets
- The COMET Handbook: version 1.0 (Guidelines for developing and implementing a core outcome set)
- Center for Medical Technology Policy (CMTP) COS Resources