The OACIS Return to Work survey focuses on understanding the impact of patients’ hospital stay experience on their ability to return to usual activity. It primarily consists of collecting details about the employment status, occupation, working hours, activities performed at work, effectiveness in their job, etc.
Below are example publications and study protocols that include OACIS Return to Work Survey.
- Carenzo L, Corte FD,…, Cecconi M. Return to work after Coronavirus disease 2019 acute respiratory distress syndrome and intensive care admission: prospective, case series at 6 Months from hospital discharge. Crit Care Med. 2021; 49(11):e1157-e1162. PubMed
- Dinglas VD, Hopkins RO,…, Needham DM. One-year outcomes of rosuvastatin versus placebo in sepsis-associated acute respiratory distress syndrome: prospective follow-up of SAILS randomised trial. Thorax. 2016; 71(5):401-410. PubMed
- Kamdar BB, Huang M,…, Needham DM, with the NHLBI ARDS Network. Joblessness and lost earnings after ARDS in a 1-year national multicenter study. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2017; 196(8):1012-1020. PubMed
- Kamdar BB, Sepulveda KA,…, Needham DM. Return to work and lost earnings after acute respiratory distress syndrome: a 5-year prospective, longitudinal study of long-term survivors. Thorax. 2018; 73(2):125-133. PubMed
- Needham DM, Dinglas VD,…, Hopkins RO with the NIH NHLBI ARDS Network. One year outcomes in patients with acute lung injury randomised to initial trophic or full enteral feeding: prospective follow-up of EDEN randomised trial. BMJ. 2013; 346:f1532. PubMed
- Su H, Thompson HJ,…, Needham DM. Association of job characteristics and functional impairments on return to work after ARDS. CHEST. 2021; 160(2):509-518. PubMed
- Su H, Hopkins RO,…, Thompson HJ. Association of imbalance between job workload and functional ability with return to work in ARDS survivors. Thorax. 2021. In-Press. PubMed
- APICS – detailed information found at ClinicalTrials.gov
- Akhlaghi N, Needham DM,…, Brown SM. Evaluating the association between unmet healthcare needs and subsequent clinical outcomes: protocol for the addressing post-intensive care syndrome-01 (APICS-01) multicentre cohort study. BMJ Open. 2020; 10(10):e040830. PubMed
- NEXIS – detailed information found at ClinicalTrials.gov
- Heyland DK, Day A,…, Stapleton R. Nutrition and Exercise in Critical Illness Trial (NEXIS Trial): a protocol of a multicentred, randomised controlled trial of combined cycle ergometry and amino acid supplementation commenced early during critical illness. BMJ Open. 2019; 9(7):e027893. PubMed